Declaring ESS

Declaring ESS Major

Earth and Space Sciences is an open major, which means that anyone with interest in our discipline, in good standing with the University (at least a 2.0 GPA) can affiliate with ESS at any time. There are no pre-req courses, and there is no application. However, you will need to meet with an ESS adviser to declare the major. Please fill out this survey, and we will contact you to schedule an appointment.

Declaring ESS Minor

To declare an ESS minor, you must meet with your major department adviser to fill out the paperwork. Then please email us at to schedule an appointment if you would like minor advising.