Undergrads: Join a volunteer crew and help with research-based field and greenhouse planting for the Sustainable Silviculture Lab throughout the month of April! Dates: April 1 to April 30
Contact Matthew at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested
• Gain some plant propagation and field work experience
• Flexible hours to accommodate class schedules and other coursework!
• Center for Urban Horticulture (UW Campus)
• Pack Forest (UW School Forest)
• Cedar River Watershed (West side of Cascades near North Bend)
• Tolt River Watershed (West side of Cascades near Duvall)
• Elk Heights (East side of Cascades near Cle Elum)
Seedlings of 10 different native tree species are being planted into experimental trials that hope to contribute findings to mixed species regeneration and reforestation efforts in the PNW. Shade and moisture tolerance, and relationships with symbiotic organisms called Endophytes will be evaluated through these trials. Come help and learn more about it!
We would like student and other volunteers to help us on the UW campus potting up seedlings for the controlled aspect of the study at CUH. Also, for those interested in gaining fieldwork experience, we are providing transportation so that volunteers can join us at some very beautiful forested locations to help plant trees!
An assortment of work dates will cover planting at all the sites for the duration of April. We can use any amount of time from a few hours to a few days of help. We will provide all the equipment, gloves, and snacks.
Volunteer time is really appreciated, so we will be hosting a BBQ to thank all the volunteers when planting is completed!