THE GSSI STUDENT GRANT
This grant is being established through the generosity of Geophysical Survey Systems, Inc. (GSSI) in order to support AGU’s Near-Surface Geophysics Focus Group’s student scientists conducting field geophysical research using Ground-Penetrating Radar (GPR) and Electromagnetic (EM) methods.
It is important for the advancement of the Near Surface Geophysics Focus Group to support student members with opportunities that allow them to advance their research and field work by receiving recognition and financial support.
- Candidates must be actively enrolled in an undergraduate program and have completed at least four semesters towards their degree or be currently enrolled in a graduate program.
- Applicants must be AGU student members and have designated Near-Surface as one of their AGU affiliations.
- Applications must include field geophysical research using Ground-Penetrating Radar (GPR) or Electromagnetic (EM) methods
- Those who do not win an award in any given year are eligible to apply again in subsequent years
- U.S. citizenship is not a requirement to apply
The yearly grant will carry a cash award of up to $2,000. If funding exists, more than one award may be made in a year.
In addition to the cash award, GSSI will make loaner equipment available for the winner(s) to use. GSSI will coordinate this equipment loan directly with the student winner(s) and will do their best to coordinate and make any necessary GSSI equipment available.
The student winner(s) should endeavor to publish the findings resulting from the grant in a scholarly journal or present their findings at AGU’s Fall Meeting.
The student winner(s) should submit a final report on their research at the close of their project. Any resulting publications can replace the need for a final report.
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Please read all 2015 Proposal Submission Instructions before submitting your application.
Proposals and supporting letters must be received no later than Sunday, 15 March 2015 (11:59 PM Eastern Daylight Savings Time/3:59 AM GMT on Thursday).
Results will be announced on 30 April.