UNAVCO’s Education and Community Engagement division has five internships available this spring and/or summer for graduate students (or possibly advanced undergraduates). Each of them require a robust but varying combination of science and communication skills.
APPLICATIONS at the UNAVCO Careers site (flyer attached below)
Available Intern Opportunities – DEADLINE MARCH 2 (except TLS which is FEB 2)
Internships are for summer 2015 except TLS which could be spring or summer
- UNAVCO Geo-Outreach Specialist/Video & Other Media (2 position)
- UNAVCO Education and Community Engagement Specialist (3 positions)
- Terrestrial Laser Scanning (ECE-TLS) [Feb 2 deadline and possible spring start]
- Geodetic Data for Undergraduate Education (ECE-Undergraduate)
- Geo-Workforce (ECE-GW)
I particularly want to draw your attention to the TLS and Geodetic Data internships as they are probably most appropriate for surface process students and have the highest level of technical data skills needed.
- TLS internship will have students working with TLS data and techniques to support teaching TLS at field camps
- Geodetic Data internship will have students processing InSAR, LiDAR, and GIS data for use in undergraduate curriculum