TEACH FOR AMERICA
On-Campus Events this Quarter
Event Date Time Location Teach For America Application Workshop Tuesday, 1/21 4:30-6:00pm SAV 155 Post-Grad Service Panel with Americorps, City Year, Peace Corps and Teach For America Wednesday, 1/22 6:00-7:30pm SMI 205
What’s the advantage of applying to at the 1/24 deadline as opposed to the 2/20 deadline?
· Higher chances of being admitted to your top choice region
· More access to transitional funding
· More time to prepare for your future students (if you wait until the last deadline, you won’t confirm your offer to TFA until April 1 – that’s just about two months before you would have to leave for your induction!)
Teach For America is developing a movement of leaders who will help drive change at every level of our education system toward the goal of closing the opportunity gap in America.These leaders start their paths as corps members who teach for two years in urban and rural high-need communities and help students make the academic progress that expands their opportunities. Deeply affected by their teaching experience, our alumni continue to advocate for students and build lasting change in many different roles and fields.
The Basics and Benefits:
· All academic majors and backgrounds accepted.
· Regional placement is not random; applicants preference location in our 48 regions.
· All grade levels (preK-12) and subjects including ELL and SpEd.
· Salary ranging from $25,500-$51,000 a year with health insurance and retirement benefits.
· Possible Americorps Education Award of $11,100 and loan deferment/forbearance.
· Option to earn your certification and/or Masters in Education/teaching.
· Graduate school and employer partnerships for alum to continue their leadership and impact.
· DACA recipients are eligible to apply to TFA. Learn more here.
For additional information, explore our katherine.kleitsch.