Product Manager – Picarro Isotope Analyzers
Santa Clara, CA
Picarro has an opening for a career-defining opportunity for a product manager to become part of our highly talented Product Management team who manage a portfolio of analyzers that are redefining how, when and where scientists conduct their research, while enabling studies that were never before possible.
About the Opportunity:
Picarro is changing the way world-class scientific measurements are conducted, enabling research around the world. Picarro is the world’s leading producer of stable isotope and gas concentration measurement systems for science and industry. Picarro’s Cavity Ring Down Spectroscopy (CRDS) instruments are used in over 60 countries, by thousands of scientists, for a myriad of natural science applications, including atmospheric research, ecology, hydrology, ocean science, paleoclimatology, petrochemistry, biogeochemistry, plant and soil sciences, natural gas fugitive emissions, pharmaceutical research, and food supply chain adulteration and safety testing. Deployed on all seven continents in places as diverse as the Greenland Ice Cap, The Eiffel Tower, NASA aircraft, and Pacific Gas & Electric’s natural gas leak detection vehicles, Picarro’s solutions are unparalleled in their precision, ease of use, portability, and reliability.
Reporting to the vice president of marketing, the product manager for isotope analyzers will play a pivotal role in driving the current product line strategy and developing future innovations. This is a high-impact role that is critical to our aggressive revenue goals. Working with a world-class team, this will be a career-defining opportunity with a company that is helping scientists and industry solve pressing global problems.
The successful candidate will possess laser focus on customer needs and will understand the importance of helping our customers be successful. In addition, you must have the vision, skills, and confidence to drive our new concepts and technology forward. You will work with internal groups such as R&D, engineering, sales, and manufacturing, as well as with customers, to bring new innovative products to market. You will be responsible for the functions that drive top line growth including, but not limited to, driving the product roadmap, developing collateral, providing sales training, attending and presenting at scientific conferences and trade shows worldwide, and developing meaningful relationships with our scientific customers to collaborate on new product breakthroughs. In this role, you will have the chance to regularly interact with the top scientists around the world, understand their science and their needs, and converting that into products that benefit them in the future.
- Bring the best products to market, on time and within budget
- Drive sales forecasts and process by developing the highest quality tools
- Highlight Picarro products at trade shows and conferences and identify and monitor trends in the markets we serve
- Continually publish updated business plans, roadmaps, refresh key performance attributes, and financial indicators as needed
- Help drive the creation of transformative print and digital tools to successfully market your product line
- Advanced scientific degree with excellent academic credentials and 8+ years’ experience or BS +12 years’ experience. We also encourage candidates with no prior industry experience to apply if you have excellent academic credential combined with commercial acumen, you are a quick learner and have the drive to take on new challenges and be successful.
- Ability to comprehend and digest complex technical and application information and distill it into simple, easy-to-understand information for sales, management, and non-expert end users
- Monitor global scientific and industrial markets to identify trends and opportunities for product innovations and demand
- Product management experience in a high-paced, dynamic organization a plus
- Results-oriented team player, with a “make it happen” attitude, who works well with a diverse cross-functional team, including a global sales and support team, engineering, manufacturing, and marketing communications
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to function enthusiastically amidst constantly changing priorities
- Some travel to customer sites and global conferences required
- Strong customer focus with understanding of the need to build strong customer relationships
- Creation of complete business plans and new product introduction documents that will require executive sign off and regular refresh