Position: Senior Engineer/Environmental Scientist/Geologist
Location: Seattle, Washington
Position Description: MFA is seeking a full-time Senior Engineer, Senior Environmental Scientist or
Senior Geologist to work for our Seattle, Washington office. The ideal candidate will have a strong
background in environmental investigation and/or remediation and an understanding of the Puget Sound
market for environmental consulting services. As a senior representative of MFA, this person will have
marketing and administrative duties, and will participate in expanding MFA’s presence in the region.
The senior position will manage complex projects and tasks and coordinates the work of others. S/he will
maintain liaison with individuals and operations within or outside the organization with responsibility for
acting independently on technical matters pertaining to project work.
Company Background: Maul Foster & Alongi, Inc. (MFA) is a locally owned Pacific Northwest
consulting firm specializing in the areas of environmental science, engineering, planning, and GIS. Since our
inception in 1996, MFA has grown from four employees to over 70 employees, with offices in Portland,
Oregon, and in Vancouver, Seattle, and Bellingham, Washington; and Kellogg, Idaho. For 17 years we’ve
provided services to a diverse client base that includes private business and industry, ports, municipalities,
state and federal entities, and Native American tribes. We are growing our recently-established office in
Seattle, Washington to support MFA’s presence and market share in the Puget Sound region.
• A minimum of ten years relevant work experience, a relevant bachelor’s degree from an accredited
curriculum, plus appropriate continuing education. A relevant master’s degree may substitute for one year
of work experience.
• Ability to work comfortably as a project manager, mentor and leader within a team environment.
• Excellent writing and communication skills used to effectively interact with clients and undertake
marketing and business development tasks and initiatives.
• Knowledge of the Puget Sound market to support and lead marketing efforts.
• The employee in this position has extensive knowledge of environmental science and its application to
site assessment and cleanup; geology/hydrogeology and environmental site assessments; and/or general
engineering practices with proficiency in application.
• Professional registration with the ability to obtain licensure in Oregon, Washington and/or Idaho.
• 40 Hour Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Training (per 29 CFR 1910.120) with
current 8-hour refresher training.
• Proficient in the use of word processing and spreadsheet software.
• Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
Salary & Benefits:
• Compensation will be based on individual qualifications and experience.
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
• 401(k) Plan.
• Paid time off.
• Training and development opportunities
JENNIFER KING PE| MAUL FOSTER & ALONGI, INC.
400 E Mill Plain Blvd, Suite 400, Vancouver, WA 98660
Please consider the environment before printing this email.
NOTICE: This email, and any attachments, is intended only for use by the named addressee(s) and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email, and any attachments, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply email and permanently delete and/or destroy the original and all copies. Written MFA authorization is required for modification of final electronic work products.