CALL FOR APPLICANTS for the Eco-Informatics Summer Institute (EISI) for summer 2013
Please note: Application deadline is May 17th, 2013!!!
The Eco-Informatics Summer Institute (EISI) (http://eco-informatics.engr.oregonstate.edu/) will be held from June 17- August 23rd, 2013, at the HJ Andrews Experimental Forest (http://andrewsforest.oregonstate.edu/) in the beautiful Oregon Cascade mountains. Please view/print attached brochure for more details.
Eco-Informatics, an emerging discipline, integrates mathematics, computer science, statistics, and engineering with the study and management of ecosystems. Through a ten-week undergraduate/early graduate research experience, the EISI will provide interdisciplinary training for young scientists to help manage ecosystems in our technologically sophisticated, globalized world.
Through the integration of research and education, effective mentoring, and hands-on experiences at the HJ Andrews, participants will gain:
1. valuable research experience in Eco-Informatics and in their own disciplines.
2. the foundation and opportunities to develop and seek support for their own graduate program, including a peer-reviewed research proposal.
3. the training to become outstanding interdisciplinary scientists and effective contributors to the science and management of ecosystems.
Participants will receive:
1. A total stipend of $5,000.
2. Free lodging at the HJ Andrews Experimental Forest and on the OSU campus
3. The opportunity to attend the American Geophysical Union conference in San Francisco, CA in December of 2013 (Awarded to the most outstanding research team as chosen by the EISI faculty mentors)
4. The opportunity for down time and group activities.
For more details and application, please go to:
The application deadline is May 17th, 2013
If you have any questions, please e-mail me at leeb
Baek Soo "Peggy" Lee
Program Manager, Eco-Informatics Summer Institute, Oregon State University