- Position Title: Finding Urban Nature Volunteer Group Leader
- Purpose: Through observation, discovery, and scientific inquiry, FUN facilitates an understanding of ecosystem and habitat connections. Group Leaders will introduce Seattle Public School 3rd and 4th grade students to the natural world in their own schoolyard habitats.
- Key Responsibility: Group leaders will lead a group of 5-6 students through four, one-hour, outdoor, hands-on lessons that are focused on the plants and animals present in their schoolyard.
- Reports to: Volunteers will report to the Elementary School Program Manager.
- Work Location: Group leaders will be assigned to volunteer at a Seattle Public School. Location is dependent on when the Group Leader is available.
- Time commitment: The program is approximately 2 – 3 hours/week for 4 consecutive weeks, plus a 3 ½ hour volunteer training*.
- Qualifications: Applicants should be interested in working with 3rd and 4th graders, enthusiastic, patient, and dependable.
- Support: *Training for this position is on Saturday, March 23, 2013 from 8:30 am to 12:00 pm.
- Age requirement: Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
· Contact: Marieke S. Rack
206-523-8243 ext. 12
· Reply by: Monday, March 18, 2013