Don’t miss it!
The upcoming 2013 On Course National Conference (April 26-27, 2013, Hilton Orange County/Costa Mesa, CA) offers over 60 excellent breakout sessions along with engaging keynote, pre-conference and closing sessions. Register soon since we reached our maximum capacity of 500 attendees last year. To view the breakout session descriptions, click http://www.regonline.com/builder/site/tab3.aspx?EventID=1128944.
"FABULOUS conference!" – Al Trujillo, Palomar College, CA
Designed for college educators in all disciplines, the On Course National Conference offers breakout sessions featuring innovative best practices in student success…from immediately usable instructional and counseling strategies to campus-wide programs that increase retention and student academic success. Do these approaches work? Yes! See published data at the On Course website: http://www.oncourseworkshop.com/Data.htm. Learn great new strategies from educators who are changing the lives of their students and transforming their colleges into learner-centered institutions. Group discounts are available to reduce registration fees.
"I took more away from this conference than I did from my last 3 conferences, combined!" – Kathy Hanneken, Mesa Community College, AZ
Register at http://www.regonline.com/Register/Checkin.aspx?EventId=1128944
Jonathan Brennan, PhD, EdD
Faculty, English Department
Mission College, CA
Chair, 2013 On Course National Conference
P.S.: If you’d like to attend an On Course Workshop, click HERE for details or go to
Since 1996, more than 25,000 college and university educators have attended On Course professional development events. If you want innovative strategies for empowering students to achieve greater success—academic, personal, and professional—these are the workshops for you! Backed by extensive research, On Course strategies are proven to have a positive impact on student academic success and retention. Click HERE for data on On Course programs.
"This has been, without a doubt, the best workshop I have attended during my 35 years of professional life. I wish I had discovered the On Course I Workshop years ago." –Jan Reed, Counselor and Coordinator, First Year Programs, Piedmont Virginia Community College, VA
Click HERE to register for the May 2013 (near Baltimore/Washington) workshop.
On Course Workshops are ideal for:
* Instructors and coordinators of student success courses who want effective strategies for empowering students to achieve greater success in college and in life.
* Faculty from all academic disciplines who would like learner-centered instructional methods for engaging students as active learners and full partners in their education.
* Counselors, retention specialists, TRIO personnel, and student support services staff who desire innovative strategies for helping students overcome personal and academic barriers to their success.
* Administrators who seek a comprehensive program for improving retention and academic success across the curriculum, one with extensive data to prove its effectiveness .
"This is the best workshop on teaching and learning I’ve ever attended." –Sarah Clemmons, Senior Vice-President of Instructional and Student Services, Chipola College, FL
Upcoming Workshop Dates and Locations
On Course I:
- May 23-26, 2013 near Baltimore/Washington D.C. with Skip
- June 25-28, 2013 near San Francisco with Jonathan
- July 11-14, 2013 near Baltimore/Washington D.C. with Skip
- August 8-11, 2013 near Baltimore/Washington D.C. with Skip
- October 3-6, 2013 near Baltimore/Washington D.C. with Skip
- November 7-10, 2013 near San Francisco with Jonathan
On Course II:
- June 10-13, 2013 near Baltimore/Washington D.C. with Skip
- October 25-28, 2013 near San Francisco with Jonathan
"I enjoyed the OC II Workshop and will strongly recommend it to my other OC I trained colleagues! The overall content was fantastic. The design team and outcomes presented will be templates for our work both for professional development and in the classroom." –Melissa Komadina, Counselor, Skyline College, CA
For information about the public On Course workshops, click HERE.
For information about bringing an On Course professional development workshop to your campus, click HERE.
"For the first time after a professional development event, I really have many things I can use in my class and in my life. I’ve been teaching for about 10 years, and I have always been student centered and committed to improving not just my students’ skills but also their self-efficacy. You have helped me find a method to match that commitment. Thanks." –Amiee Stahlman, Faculty, English, University of New Mexico-Valencia, NM
"This workshop kept me on the edge of my seat for four consecutive days. It has really been an eye-opener for me as an instructor, and also helped me grow as a person. I can’t thank you enough for your commitment to educators and students." –Robert Quinn, Faculty, Mathematics, Jamestown Community College, NY
For additional testimonials, click HERE.
Click HERE to REGISTER NOW for any 2013 On Course Workshop.
Click HERE to learn more about the upcoming 2013 On Course National Conference in the Los Angeles area.