|The University of Washington (UW) is proud to be one of the nation’s premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.
The Burke Museum currently has an outstanding opportunity for a Youth & Family Programs Manager. This individual will be responsible for the planning, coordination, and assessment of educational programs including onsite tours, summer camps, after school programs, scout programs, and other facilitated out-of-school programs for the Burke Museum of Natural History and Culture.
Please Note: This position is only available to current University of Washington employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop program content and curriculum for selected, facilitated visitor experiences such as temporary exhibit tour programs, afterschool programs, scout programs, or summer camps;
• Oversee program planning and make arrangements for the staffing, materials, equipment and resources needed for the programs;
• Develop timeline for program implementation that includes marketing, assessment, and budgeting;
• Assist in the development of annual program budgets; monitor program budgets;
• Provide program information to program participants regarding program content, policies and activities;
• Register and schedule program participants and program providers; keep accurate calendar of program activity;
• Oversee payment for honoraria, and travel reimbursements;
• Work with Burke Communications division to coordinate event publicity and marketing;
• Facilitate the production of web and print materials and program activity materials;
• Provide administrative support to education programs including purchasing, vehicle rental, accommodation bookings, and maintaining records of programs
• Coordinate program schedule with all other museum educational activities;
• Evaluate programs and recommend changes to program deployment;
• Monitor and evaluate programs in relation to established goals;
• Assist in the preparation of grants and grant proposals.
• Assist the museum’s education staff in other educational programs operations.
• Use Word, Filemaker Pro, Excel, and other software such as graphics or collections database software
As a UW employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For a complete description of our benefits for this position, please visit our benefits website.
|Bache¬lor’s Degree related to assigned collection specialty AND two years of experience assisting with care and preservation of collections, with interpretation of collecting or with display design and execution OR equivalent education/experience.
Experience in developing and implementing K-12 educational program delivery, teacher workshops, and public education programs, or related museum experience; proven teaching experience in informal learning environments; experience working with the public in customer service capacity; experience with FileMaker Pro, Microsoft Office, web search engines preferred. Familiarity with University policies and procedures. Familiarity with UW academic programs related to the Burke Museum’s divisions.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
|A satisfactory outcome from a criminal background verification may be required prior to hire.
This position requires occasional weekend hours when needed to coordinate/oversee programming.
Part of the application process for this position includes completing an on-line Employment Eligibility assessment to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. The assessment will appear on your screen for you to complete as soon as you select "Apply to this Position" on this job announcement. Once you begin the assessment, it must be completed at that time. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until the assessment is complete.