TRAVEL SCHOLARSHIPS FOR GEOSCIENCE STUDENTS
DEADLINE: APRIL 26
April 21, 2012 Dear Lina,
Travel and lodging funding is available for geoscience students to attend the 2012 SACNAS National Conference in Seattle, Washington from October 11-14. Travel scholarship recipients will join us for four days of scientific research, professional development, networking, exhibits, and mentoring!
To ensure your students don’t miss this opportunity, please encourage them to apply for a travel scholarship today! SACNAS is ready to invest in your students’ future.
Geoscience Conference Activities
Travel scholarship recipients will participate in professional development sessions, networking events, and various geoscience focused scientific symposia sessions.
The SACNAS Travel Scholarship award includes:
- Conference Registration* (includes meals)
- Travel to/from Seattle, Washington
- Lodging at a conference hotel
*Registration waiver is contingent on the receipt of a complete travel scholarship application which demonstrates the applicant’s participation and commitment to the geosciences field of study. Waiver confirmation will be provided in award notification email 5-6 weeks after the deadline.
Eligibility for Applying
The following types of students, based on academic level at the time of conference, are eligible to apply:
- Undergraduate – including two-year community & tribal colleges
- Post-baccalaureate – up to three years since degree completed
- Graduate – including master and PhD programs
150 Travel Scholarships are available specifically for students in the following disciplines:
- Geology: mineralogy, petrology, geological chemistry, geology, geomorphology, glacial geology, & volcanology
- Geophysics, geochemistry, geology, geobiology, biogeochemistry, & geodynamics
- Earth sciences including hydrology
- Atmospheric sciences, astronomy, meteorology & planetary geology
- Marine geology
- Structural geology & geological engineering
- Sedimentology & stratigraphy
SACNAS offers two application periods; however, the summer deadline is only for undergraduate summer program participants. ALL eligible students are encouraged to apply during the spring period.
- Spring application period: March 29- April 26
- Summer program enrollment begins: June 4
- Summer application period (only for undergraduate summer program participants): June 11-July 12
We look forward to seeing your students in Seattle! For further information students should visit theTravel Scholarship webpage where they can access important information and step- by-step instructions on the travel scholarship application process.
If you have any questions feel free to contact me.
PO Box 8526
Santa Cruz, CA 95061-8526
You’re receiving this email because of your participation in a SACNAS program or event, because you have indicated an interest in this topic, or because you are a SACNAS member. Not interested in future updates related to this topic anymore? Unsubscribe from this list OR Opt-out of all SACNAS email communications.