AEG Student Night is coming…THANKS FOR THE RESPONSES STUDENTS!!
Good afternoon AEG members and friends of AEG,
We are looking forward to the student night meeting on Thursday May 17, 2012. Please see the attached announcement for more details.
Here is our current list for Poster (Po) and Oral Presentation (Pr). Students let me know if I have missed anyone please.
1. Eliya Hogan (Pr), Central Washington University (Graduate student), Structural deformation across the western Mina deflection: field studies in the Huntoon Springs quadrangle, California-Nevada
2. Andrew Nelson (Pr), University of British Columbia, The Geomorphic Impact of 19th Century Placer Mining on Fraser River
3. Kimberly Smith (Pr), University of Washington, Vegetation reconstruction of the Middle Miocene in Southwest Montana using Phytolith Analysis
4. Christopher Maffucci (Pr), University of Washington, SHALSTAB: Slipping Into The Future
5. Chad Stellern (Po), Western Washington University, Nutrient Contamination of the Tributaries of Lake Whatcom during Winter and Spring Storm Events
6. Eric Knoedler (Po), University of Washington, Precision and accuracy in traditional geologic mapping: A case study
7. Emily Jenkins (Po), Portland State University, Silica Content Analysis and Glass Shard Comparison of Two Eastern Oregon Tuffs
8. Brian Haderlie, (Po), University of Washington, Stream Channel Morphology of Cascade Mountains, Washington
9. Brit Litwin (Po), Washington University (Graduate student), Impacts of climatic variability on the thermal structure of Lake Whatcom, Whatcom County, Washington
10. Jezra Beaulieu (Po), Western Washington University, Thermal and Hydrological Assessment of the Goethe Rock Glacier, Sierra Nevada, CA
11. Taryn Black (Po), University of Washington, MELTS simulations of Martian and terrestrial magmas
12. Brittany Fagen, (Po), Central Washington University, Improving Efficiency and Safety of Mineral Separation Methods for the Minerals Apatite and Zircon
13. Clay Johnson (Po), University of Washington (undergraduate), Dating the Retreat of the Cordilleran Ice Sheet from the Southern Puget Lowland (poster).
Hope to see you there and have a great weekend,
8410 154th Avenue NE
Redmond, WA 98052